IT Systems Engineer
Havant - £30,000 - £40,000 + remote working options
IT Systems Engineer required by a growing technology company based in Havant. The company provide software solutions for customers across the globe and have plans to expand their customer-base over the next few years.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join an established company to support customers and internal users. The company are looking for a Systems engineer to become part of their team supporting both BAU and project work for the business and its customers.
This would be an excellent opportunity for an established Systems engineer or infrastructure engineer with prior experience supporting 2nd & 3rd line issues or with extensive experience across 2nd line support looking to make a step-up in to a varied and technically challenging environment.
Some of the core responsibilities will be:
- Implementing small-scale infrastructure projects into both customer and internal systems.
- Maintain existing infrastructure solutions, perform routine administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Working closely the Infrastructure Lead to suggest improvements and upgrades to IT infrastructure
- Performance analysis, tuning and hardware upgrades
- Responsible for the support of critical physical and virtual server infrastructure
Experience in most of the following areas is essential:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2019
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft System Centre Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V clusters
Experience with the following would be beneficial:
- SonicWALL firewall appliances
- Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- PowerShell Scripting
- Industry best-practices (such as RBAC, least-privilege access etc.)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Citrix (Virtual Apps, NetScaler)
- Core networking - routing, VLANs, switching, firewalls, load-balancers
The company are located in Havant and are able to offer some flexibility with remote working post-Covid. Likely to be a split of 2 days in office and 3 from home, however this is negotiable for the right candidate.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-moving, interesting business, at a time of growth then please apply to this advert or contact me via our website or LinkedIn. Jack Hewitt-Coleman, Spectrum IT.
Candidates must be based in the UK. All candidates applying must be eligible to work in the UK and, ideally, have a valid driving license.