Infrastructure Engineer - Petersfield, Hampshire - £37,000 - £40,000
3rd Line Support/ Microsoft Operating Systems / Office 365 / VMWare / Networking
Our client, Based in Petersfield, has a requirement for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their support team in their new offices. The client are a well known finance provider focusing, specifically, within Vehicle finance and are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Support engineer to join their internal IT Support team to focus, mainly on 3rd line support surrounding the infrastructure, Microsoft Operating systems (including exchange and Office365) as well as Virtual operating systems including HyperV, VMWare, networking and IP Telephony.
The client pride themselves on consistently providing the highest standards in all aspects of their business and are looking for employees with a similar mindset. They invest in the training and development of their employees and offer a friendly and approachable working environment across the board. As well as fantastic progression and development opportunities they have recently moved to brand new offices and offer a great benefits package including Pension schemes, Life Insurance, Breakfasts, On-Site Gym, Free fruit, tea and coffee and even plenty free parking on site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help deliver and manage our software, desktop, server and network infrastructure.
- Provide Infrastructure support including monitoring and managing the capacity of Moneybarn Infrastructure onsite and hosted externally
- Exchange\Office 365 administration, setup and configuration.
- Manage VM ware and SAN Storage
- Manage the Telephony Systems (Avaya) including underlying servers/appliance
- Communicate technical matters to non-technical people.
- Manage small infrastructure upgrade projects
- Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Server administration to include assisting with updates, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of faults.
- Managing Infrastructure changes in accordance with the Change Management procedures
- Managing Server updates including patching and O/S releases
- Proven IT experience, including in an Infrastructure role, ideally within a similar size company (SME)
- VMWare and V-sphere Experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Infrastructure Experience including a hands-on Knowledge of Microsoft server administration including active directory, Exchange 2010/2013, Exchange Online, Policy management etc.
- A good working knowledge of IT Security Principles, including Networking, Windows, AD, PC's and Mobile devices
- MCSE specialist certifications in desktop and operating system technologies
- Knowledge and management of backup solutions.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, responsive and complex technical environment managing cross stream deliverables with multiple external dependencies
- Experience of VOIP solutions in particular Avaya would be desirable.