Java Developer is required to join a leading and highly progressive company from their head office based on the outskirts of Southampton.
The role of a Java Developer will involve working as part of a team and reporting to the Technical Director. You will ensure the delivery of high quality software solutions that meet the expectations of their customers and enable the business to achieve its ambitious growth demands. As part of a multi-year project there is a need to re-architect its existing products utilising the latest web, Java and mobile based technologies. This role will provide a significant contribution to this strategy.
- Hands-on development in an agile environment (SCRUM)
- Analyse software requirements for a given project
- Identify impact of possible implementation options
- Write automated unit, integration and UI tests where needed
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Performance improvement and refactoring of existing code
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards
- To share knowledge and skills with others
- Highlight task level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions
The ideal candidates for this role will at least 3 years commercial experience within software developer and be educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent. You will have the following skills:
- Substantial knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, modern IDEs and version control software, such as SVN or Git
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- Mobile app development ideally using Xamarin
- eCommerce experience
- .Net based languages.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and highly ambitious company who would be able to offer further opportunities along with a good benefits package: