Junior/Graduate Data Scientist required by a niche technology company located in Southampton. Due to continued success and expansion the company is looking to hire a Junior/Graduate Data Scientist to its existing, highly skilled team made of Software Engineers and Data Scientists.
As a Junior/Graduate Data Scientist you will focus on Big Data and AI technologies to solve problems in a variety of industries. You will be responsible for the design and development of models and software solutions that validate, demonstrate and prototype outcomes of research.
The successful Junior/Graduate Data Scientist is likely to have a relevant academic background (ideally masters or PhD) in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or similar as well as experience in the following areas:
- Data modelling and engineering
- Programming in Python or Java
- System design paradigms e.g. OO, SOA and cloud
Experience in any of the following would be very advantageous:
- Security/risk modelling and management
- Machine learning algorithms and frameworks e.g. Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow
- Distributed processing technologies e.g. Apache Spark, Docker, Hadoop, Flink
The position is initially a 12 month full-time fixed term contract with the likelihood of then going permanent. This is an opportunity to join a high-tech, forward thinking company offering the chance to work on complex, challenging role. If you are looking for a role of this nature please contact RyanOatley@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 286