Junior Java Developer - Geospatial Data
Leading Edge Tech, Great training, Start-up Company Ethos, Strong financial backing.
£25,000 to £35,000 + benefits (salary dependent on experience)
We are working with a well-established market leader who's been delivering software products and solutions to the public and private sector for over 25 years. They have exciting plans to grow the company into the geo location market as the sector is becoming increasingly integral to everyday life. To do this they are looking for enthusiastic Java Developers / Software Engineers to join their talented team in Horsham, West Sussex.
The culture of the company has that start-up mentality and growth despite its age and profitability. This has created a fun, challenging and supporting environment with a dynamic technology lead approach. They also take every opportunity to develop their people by allowing them to take on more responsibility through promotion and professional development.
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer and/or an ambitious and talented Junior/Graduate Developer with great potential and aptitude to learn.
Must have Skills:
- Java coding experience - academic and commercial
- Know and understand how to use Git for source code revision control and be comfortable in working with backlog and issue trackers
- A proven and demonstrable approach to writing great software
- A Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Scientific IT/Engineering degree
- Experience of integrating Maven builds into a CI setup based on Jenkins
- Unit and integration testing frameworks including JUnit, Mockito and JMeter
- Enterprise design patterns with an emphasis on microservices/SaaS
- Solid experience of working with RESTful and open standards APIs, together with data formatting representations including XML and JSON
- Experience with containerisation techniques such as Docker
- Experience with Spring, including IoC, Security and Boot
- Application server development using Tomcat
- Experience with Atlassian's BitBucket, Jira and Confluence
So if you're an ambitious, driven Java engineer who only accepts work of the highest standard and wants to be surrounded by like-minded people, Then don't hesitate to get in contact with Spectrum IT and I'll share the full details and benefits of the position with you.