Junior Platform Engineer
£25,000 - £45,000
We consist of highly skilled product managers, software engineers, testers and DevOps engineers all working together with the latest tools and technologies. Our vision? To create, deploy and maintain the most highly regarded customer feedback platform in the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
We are looking for a Junior/Midweight Platform Engineer to join our existing DevOps team. You will work across both technical operations and engineering and be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of our alerting and ticketing systems, responding to issues as they are raised. You will work closely together with other dedicated platform engineers and liaise with our engineering team to help ensure a responsive and reliable service for our global clients. You will help us continue to realise our goal to iterate faster, more efficiently and more frequently, whilst still maintaining reliability and security posture.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with AWS and bare-metal cloud environments, a desire to work with the very latest DevOps tooling and experience of being part of an operational team. You will have a deep interest and take pride in your work and community and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
You will be given the opportunity to innovate and encouraged to participate in rapid prototyping, hackathons, and in a culture that accepts that some mistakes and failures are a natural result of moving fast, being agile and on the bleeding edge. Two years with us and your CV will be incredible!!
- Basic containerisation experience
- Database migration and administration skills
- Experience/interest using cloud providers such as AWS.
- Familiar with monitoring and troubleshooting web applications.
- Strong experience with RedHat-based Linux distributions
- DNS configuration
- Experience of basic scripting for automation of tasks, e.g. python, bash
- Understanding of network and security principles
- Confident and capable communicator
- Able to triage and prioritise issues.
- Able to identify and explain issues to the team and raise tasks for the work which are clear and concise.
- Able to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Able to write technical documentation and comfortable sharing knowledge.
- Able to adapt to, and be enthusiastic about, today's fast-changing technical landscape.
- First response to resolving installation, implementation, and production issues and requests.
- Organising and documenting known solutions for internal collaboration and public consumption
- Training internal users on DevOps processes and tools
- Writing the documentation and Runbooks which are critical to maintaining a reliable infrastructure.
- Team reporting
- Audit support
Benefits of working here:
- A great company culture focused on collaboration and learning.
- Career development and growth
- Flexible working and office environment
- Regular staff events and company socialising
- Company pension scheme and Bupa health care
- Annual week for personal development
- Cycle scheme, subsidised gym membership, employee discounts and free eye tests
Some of Our Technology and Tooling
- AWS, Ansible, Bamboo, Baremetal, BlackDuck, Datadog, Docker, Helm, Jira, Kubernetes, Linux, Microsoft OS, MSSQL, Portworx, Postfix, PostgreSQL, Puppet, Slack, Terraform, VMware
Send your CV now to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.