Connecting LinkedIn

Junior Support Engineer (DevOps) - Linux & Windows!

  • Location:

    London, England

  • Sector:

    IT & Infrastructure Support

  • Job Type:


  • Salary:

    £25000 - £28000 per annum

  • Contact:

    Rachel Clements

  • Contact Email:

  • Salary high:


  • Salary low:


  • Job Ref:


  • Published:

    12 months ago

  • Expiry date:


  • Consultant:


Junior Support Engineer (DevOps) - Linux and Windows
Exciting Cyber Security Sector!

London/ Baisngstoke

£26,000 + benefits

My client, based in London and Basingstoke, are an exciting company that lead the way in the cyber security sector and are currently looking for a Junior Support Engineer to join the DevOps team. They are looking for candidates with a passion for technology as well as some sort of commercial experience troubleshooting and administrating both Linux and Windows based systems.

The company is made up of employees who just LOVE technology - the kind of people that if they weren't doing it for a job, they'd be doing it in their spare time. They are all friendly, chatty and always keen to learn, discover and chat about any and every new type of tech!

As well as a lovely team with similar interests the client has take inspiration from the likes of google and have made the office a place where their employees want to be! A relaxed environment with pool tables, Playstations, Nerf Guns and Drinks fridge as well as not a shirt and tie in sight! They also work with an 80/20 outlook to work so want all of their employees to spend 80% of their time working and the other 20% on self development, improvement and training which they actively support!

Main Responsibilities:

  • Work closely with a variety of internal teams as well as having the freedom to explore personal projects
  • Building and troubleshooting Linux based services and Windows Workstation
  • Basic Scripting ideally in Bash / Powershell / Python
  • Improve internal documentation and troubleshooting both Linux and Windows systems
  • Willingness to work out of hours when needed

Extra brownie points for…

  • Experience in CentOS and Ubuntu platforms
  • Experience on Windows Servers Systems
  • Some experience in Systems automations and configuration management - Puppet / Ansible / Chef
  • AWS / Azure experience
  • NoSQL (Elasticsearch), Relational (PostgreSQL / MySQL)

If you'd be interested in speaking about the role in more detail, click apply now or contact Rachel on