Business Systems Analyst
£30,000 - £40,000+ Benefits
A progressive and ambitious organisation are looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join them as they embark on an exciting period of change.
The organisation develop financial software and are looking for a Business Systems Analyst to serve as the conduit between the customers and the Software Development and Test Teams. The role will pull on a mix of requirements elicitation, technical analysis and product knowledge.
This is a fast paced organisation and will require relationship management skills to be used across a wide range of stakeholders, including Product Owners.
The Business Systems Analyst will have the following skills and experience:
· Strong Process approach to requirements gathering / elicitation
· Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role, with at least 2-3 years’ experience.
· Experience of defining software requirements and documenting specifications.
· Be confident leading the BA function and standing up to all levels of the business
· Good technical background, including:
- Good software lifecycle background including knowledge of software design methodologies.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of complex web based, client server and n-tier solutions.
- Solid SQL querying knowledge.
- Expert use of Microsoft Word and Visio
· Able to produce clear documentation and communication of solution objectives, requirements and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience of both internal and external customer interaction
· Ability to travel within UK and the rest of the world as necessary requirement for the role. Estimated travel around 25% and is likely to have some more intensive travel periods during requirements gathering, requiring longer periods away from the office.
· Experience of working in an Agile Scrum team.
· Experience of writing Agile user stories.
· Experience of working with financial industry.
· Experience of using Azure DevOps for managing development cycle.
· Experience of using Azure DevOps for recording and sharing requirements.
· Experience of development coding (ideally on Microsoft stack), because the ability to deep dive into code and database schemas will be an advantage.
· Desirable for person to have a T-Shaped skills base, so they can perform testing and other software development tasks to help them achieve sprint or project goals.
This is a great opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to have a significant contribution in the evolution of an already successful flagship product.