One of Basingstoke's high-profile employers are seeking a Lead C Developer to join a busy and growing development function working on a variety of applications and systems for the business. This a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Developer looking to step up into a management role.
As a Lead C Developer, you will lead the development and implementation of assigned projects. You will manage all development and integration activities associated with medium to complex cross-functional projects, with responsibility for the technical delivery across the systems development lifecycle. This will include the technical design, development, testing and maintenance activities. You will also create & manage delivery plans and required development resources to ensure business requirements are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
The role of Lead C Developer;
- Work with business and IT stakeholders and delivery partners to understand business requirements
- Provide development estimates for assigned changes/projects
- Model best practice, acting as a role model for the more junior members of the development team. This will include providing technical guidance, completing code reviews and driving continual process improvement.
- Contribute to solution design, identifying innovative solutions to business requirements, driving standardisation and re-usability.
- Collaborate with architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure low level design and build are fully aligned to business requirements.
- Manage the development & application maintenance activities for assigned applications to meet both functional and non-functional requirements, within budget and timescale. Expected to apply knowledge of industry trends/standards to improve technical deliveries and service.
- "Hands on" development and peer reviews as required, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues.
- Representation as required on project management teams and occasional steering groups.
- Responsible for quality assurance & delivery, managing unit & system testing and liaising with test teams to ensure SIT/BRT/performance/integration testing is effective and supported.
- Responsibilities may include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
The successful Lead C Developer will have experience with;
- CSS / HTML
- API integration and build
- In depth knowledge of the full software Development lifecycle.
- Experience of developing and deploying IT solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments.
The role of Lead C Developer is paying up to £90,000 with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
To apply for this Lead C Developer role please forward your CV to TomSticker@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294