Lead Data Scientist required by a successful technology company located in Guildford. The successful candidate's responsibilities will be split between hands on data science work and leading the data science team.
The successful Lead Data Scientist is like to be educated to Masters or PhD level in a relevant subject and will have demonstrable experience in a similar role as a Senior or Lead Data Scientist.
- Leading the Data Science Team
- Supporting the delivery of projects - managing the output of the data science team
- Liaising with customers, partners and re-sellers to improve product awareness.
- Meeting with customers on site to maintain and improve relationships - mainly in the UK and Europe
- Working with software development team and other technical teams to improve product roadmap
- Strong academic background in Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or similar
- In depth SQL knowledge
- Team leadership
- In depth data science knowledge incorporating a range of methods across machine learning, data mining, AI, stats etc
Knowledge / experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous, but is not essential;
- SAS and/or knowledge of business analytic tools/technologies
- Data science / data mining tools e.g. R, Python, MATLAB etc
- Software development life cycle
If you are seeking a role of this nature please contact IanTaylor@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765806.