Lead PHP Engineer
£45,000 - £60,000
You'll bring your technical aptitude and engineering experience to bear on complex customer-facing problems, solving them alongside a team of talented colleagues to rapidly deliver the right solution. You'll have the opportunity to work across any and all of our ecosystem - we actively encourage our people to try new things and to own their apps - and you'll work with the team to define and implement the future architecture for our products.
We consist of product managers, software engineers, testers and Devops engineers all working together with the latest tools and technologies. Our vision? To create, deploy and maintain the most highly regarded customer feedback platform in the world.
As a lead engineer, you can expect to be fully involved at a high level in the team from day one, including code reviews and stand-ups, and you'll be leading discussions around delivery, architecture and software design of current and upcoming technical work. You'll lead the technical approach to problem solving, defining solutions alongside the CTO who is very hands on, and the product team, and will have the technical background and communication skills to lead and mentor the team.
- Proven people leader - with experience of taking your teams through a change process
- Very strong hands-on PHP knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of standards, design patterns, object-oriented principles and their applications
- Strong SQL experience
- REST API knowledge and experience in building APIs to serve high volume transactional demands.
Technical - Nice to Have:
- While it is not an absolute requirement, we would be especially keen to meet candidates with an interest in Data, showing experience in SQL and NoSQL Databases, data modelling skills etc. Experience of other languages especially C# and .NET
- Experience of Docker, Linux, Kubernetes
Our Tech Stack
- Leading and coaching engineers
- Working with the engineering team to discuss, design and build software.
- Leading architecture and complex solution design sessions
- Balancing technical debt and innovation
- Deliver secure, tested, working software in line with product requirements - solving the "hard problems"
- Working with business teams to identify & solve issues with existing software.
- Deploying new versions of platforms into pre-live and/or live environments
- Engaging with the wider engineering and broader business to make us a thriving and engaging place to work.
What Success Looks Like:
- An engaged and productive engineering team
- Delivering secure working code on-time and to specification with a minimum of bugs
- Full engagement with the product team
- Leading architecture discussion to identify and define solutions in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
- Leading and participating in planning sessions and other ceremonies with the engineering team
- Mentoring of staff
- "Thought leader" for technical approaches.
- Drive and support a learning culture by sharing knowledge, leading lightning talks, participating in hackathons, and blogging internally or externally.
If you would like to apply for this role send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.