Are you Platform Engineer looking for a technical leadership position, covering a wide range of DevOps and systems operations functions?
Does the opportunity of working for a high growth company with leading edge technology that has a positive impact on peoples lives excite you?
We are working with our client in Cambridge to find Lead Platform Operations Engineer. Their innovative software, based on AI and natural language processing, has received several accolades. As a result of this they have recently been named as one of 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management.
The role will require you to oversee the delivery of their cloud platform infrastructure and support their software development environments.
- Deployment & maintenance of their text mining servers for internal and remote use in the Cloud
* Responsibility for smooth running of Development, Staging and Production platforms
* Design and implementation of system architectures that will scale as processing and storage requirements grow
* Resolution of technical questions and enquiries from all stakeholder
* Implementation of configuration management solutions for all servers. and assistance with day-to-day running of services
* Operational processes for their development and production systems
- Interaction with the development team to help guide new product features and bug fixes
* Input to and management of budget for product and development infrastructure in conjunction with local and corporate budget holders
* Management of on-call rota and out-of-hours cover
* Monthly IT reporting, including uptime, service performance, security breaches etc.
* Coaching and mentoring to new or junior team members
* A practical understanding of DevOps
* Excellent knowledge of Linux platforms and familiarity with other platforms and operating systems, primarily Windows and MacOS
* Solid programming or scripting skills are essential, with knowledge of or desire to learn Python
* Knowledge of configuration management/orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
* Good knowledge of networking protocols and security: e.g. firewalls, IDS, naming services, and web-based services
* Experience of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS) and/or Big Data
* Comfortable in a technical leadership role as a team leader or higher
* Previous experience of ISO27001, HIPAA, or similar infosec standards. ITIL qualified would be an advantage