An enterprise sized organisation who is going through a dynamic restructure of its IT Operations function has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Problem and Major Incident Manager to lead the management and reporting of all incidents and associated problems. As new role this is a great opportunity to make the role your own and effect real change.
As Major Incident Manager, you will take the lead in high priority incidents and drive restoration of services as soon as possible. Whilst also ensuring an effective and coordinated set of processes are developed and maintained across all services, suppliers and customers.
You will maintain key relationships internally and externally and drive improvement and innovation to Incident and Problem Management process. You will also drive Root Cause Analysis for all major incidents, produce management reports and analysis and drive a continual service improvement programme to improve customer service and support.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to effect real change and help shape the role and importance of Major Incidents within the wider business. As both Process owner and manager, you'll have opportunity to drive vision and direction whilst also being hands-on with delivery.
We are looking for candidates with recent previous experience working as a Major Incident Manager, ideally within an Enterprise scale environment and able to demonstrate strong analytical fault finding and troubleshooting skills.
The successful Lead Problem and Major Incident Manager will have:
- Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
- Proven Major Incident Management experience with significant expertise in large regional companies.
- Proven experience coordinating taking a lead role with at least 2 direct reports
- Sound understanding and experience with service level agreements and associated metrics.
- Enterprise IT experience and a good working knowledge of the broad suite of IT technologies and technical environments.
- Experience with performing and coordinating RCA and trend analysis, using established data techniques.
- Excellent management skills in dealing with suppliers and 3rd parties to drive resolution of Major Incidents or RCA of Problems.
- Problem-solving skills with an emphasis on resolution of complex technical incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems.
- The ability to understand and articulate the business impact of a MIM within the business
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language
- Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often-complex business environment
The role of Lead Problem and Major Incident Manager is paying £60,000 with excellent benefits including Car Allowance, 20% Bonus, Medical and more.
This is an urgent requirement, and we are in the process of arranging interviews so please apply now for immediate consideration.