Lead Software Engineer / Software Architect - Southampton
Python, C, Cloud, AWS, DevOps, Agile
We are seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer / Architect to join a company in Hampshire developing a number of innovative Software solutions at an exciting time of growth and investment. The Lead Software Engineer will work full life cycle with influence across design, development and architecture phases whilst collaborating with other senior engineers and senior management.
The Lead Software Engineer will own the project delivery through the full lifecycle, however hands-on development experience is essential. The ideal candidate will have a strong Software Engineering background in; Python, C, Java or similar with recent experience in a Cloud environment (AWS preferred), any additional knowledge of DevOps is highly desirable.
The company offer flexible working and a salary up to £70,000 based on experience + benefits.
- Act as a Senior member of collaborative Software Engineering team
- Take a key role in building complex software solutions using Python and C programming languages.
- Initial focus on designing and delivering a modern AWS cloud platform solution
- Drive continuous improvement of the SaaS and Cloud product capabilities
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, IT Security, Data Scientists and Senior management.
- Work to Agile best practice
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5+ years' experience as a Software Engineer, Application Architect or similar
- Able to code in Python, C, Java, Scala, or similar
- Strong Cloud platform knowledge and experience; AWS is preferred
- Proficiency in DevOps and Containerisation (Docker or similar)
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams; Software Development, Data Science, IT Security etc
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
Their offices are commutable form Southampton, Winchester, Fareham and Basingstoke areas.
Please apply to this ad to discuss the full details, alternatively contact me via our website to LinkedIn - Paul Grace at SpectrumIT
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK