Linux Administrator - Debian, Shell Scripting- Contract - Basingstoke
As an experienced Linux Administrator, you will be working as part of the clients Group IT team and have technical responsibility for key parts of the clients UK IT infrastructure. Your role will require hands-on technical experience, the ability to assess the impact of complex regulatory requirements and ensure IT systems are conforming to those regulations.
You will be a key member of the team in a demanding high-tech environment, supporting members of the organization in both project and operational aspects of the business platforms, delivering highly available systems in a 24x7x365 operation. You will be challenged to improve the infrastructure in order to facilitate our clients continuous growth and support PCI-DSS compliance.
You will be an experienced Linux Administrator, whose skills and experience includes;
- In depth CLI knowledge of Debian v8 and v9, SSH & systems
- Highly experienced in deploying and monitoring Apache and Nginx
- Expert in troubleshooting Linux O/S issues
- Shell scripting experience
- Exposure to PCI-DSS compliance would be ideal with knowledge of other regulations such as ISO27001, GDPR, SOX is desirable
- Proven track record of delivering in a 24x7x365 environment for an externally facing high throughput web platform
- Experience with recent versions of VMWare virtualisation would be beneficial