Linux Engineer - Docker / Puppet - Basingstoke
Exciting Cyber Security projects!
£45,000 - £50,000 + Competitive benefits package
I'm currently on the lookout for Linux Engineers with experience in Docker and Puppet to join my clients specialist team based in Basingstoke. The team are currently looking for at least 2-3 more experienced Linux Engineers to join them in their growing, security influenced Linux team. They need a candidate with experience in building, scaling and administrating Linux based networks as well as systems automation and configuration management. The client prides themselves on all of their staff loving coming into work and so look for people with a passion for what they do and the curiosity and eagerness to learn and grow in the world of tech!
The client is a Corporate Cyber Security company who are outstanding what they do, pride themselves on being on the bleeding edge of technology and yet, still have a very relaxed, employee focussed approach. They have a training budget they actively spend; they like to encourage each of their employees to take 20% of their working week for personal development and improvement and they have an open, relaxed environment encouraging each team to speak and learn from one another. They realise the projects they work on are serious and so they like to make the environment fun and relaxed with a nerf gun wall, playstation hide outs and a pool table to name just a few amenities!
Main Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Strong Computer Science/Networking knowledge
- Designing and implementing new network and service architectures
- Monitoring systems and gathering metrics
- Building and administering Linux based services (Firewalls, Webservers, VPN)
- Scripting: Bash, Python, etc.
- Virtualization platforms (VMWare)
- Container (Docker)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS)
- A security oriented mind-set and willingness to develop their security knowledge
- Willingness to work 'on call' and potentially out of hours when system maintenance and repair is required
Added extras - Bonus points if you have …
- Experience with systems automation and configuration management (terraform, cloudformation, ansible, puppet
- Experience on Ubuntu, RHEL & CentOS platforms
- Databases: NoSQL (Elasticsearch), Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience with gathering metrics in order to identify bottlenecks in scaling systems
- Experience with redundancy/resilience principles (Clustering, Backup, Failover/Failback, Data Integrity)
If you are an enthusiastic Linux Engineer looking for a new and exciting challenge in the Basingstoke area then this role could be for you! Please contact RachelClements@SpectrumIT.co.uk or click apply now!