Linux Engineer is required to join a leading organisation, based from their head office in Southampton.
The role of a Linux Engineer will be to design and deploy a number of infrastructure based solutions that will be used through the company, which has multiple sites around the city. My client has a wide breadth of IT infrastructure which covers Linux, Microsoft and Mac systems but the major backbone of their services are all based on a Linux infrastructure, more specifically within Red Hat.
Working as a senior member of the team responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and optimising ICT infrastructure for the entire company. You will ensuing the integration of new solutions with other existing products and services delivered by IT. Furthermore you will be required to implement, configure, maintain and support the use of specialist software tools, applications, equipment and resources in the area of the installed server and storage infrastructure systems and related technologies.
The ideal candidate for the Linux Engineer will be working within a similar position at the moment and have at last 3-5 years commercial experience..
You will have:
- Significant knowledge of Linux (primarily RHEL, although other flavours would be acceptable) along with a working knowledge of the Windows server platform.
- Experience of virtualisation platforms (primarily VMWare, although other flavours would be acceptable)
- Experience of at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Perl, Ruby.
- Red Hat Certified to RHCSA level would be beneficial (RHCE would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of Puppet (or other configuration management systems)
- Relevant experience of the following web services and languages: Apache & Tomcat, Java, Python
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) would be beneficial
- Experience of enterprise scale storage
- Awareness of mitigating security vulnerabilities in enterprise-scale ICT systems.
- Experience of Software Development in an enterprise environment
As you would be working within a team environment along with liaising with multiple other departments then your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly progressive company that would be able to offer further opportunities for growth along with a fantastic benefits package.