Linux / MySQL Administrator is required to join a growing and highly progressive telecommunications company from their head office based in the Basingstoke area.
The role of a Linux / MySQL Administrator would involve progressively improving my clients existing database and systems infrastructure whilst making recommendations to enhance their innovative, technology-driven, real time communications suite of products.
- Manage and administer all infrastructure across our datacentres in a 24/7 critical production environment, including server configuration, migration, and other implementations
- Configure, maintain and upgrade operating systems and MySQL database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure the highest levels of performance, availability, and security
- Perform technical troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve database problems, identifying opportunities for improved performance in OS, network and SQL operations and implementations
- Improve and promote operational scalability and standardization through profiling resource usage, optimize and enhance as necessary
The ideal candidate for this role will be working would ideally be working in a similar environment at the moment and be working with both Linux (preferably CentOS or similar) with a MySQL backend.
- High skill level in Linux operating system - preferably CentOS (or Red Hat, Fedora, etc..)
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL with experience of replication techniques and technologies, configuration and database optimisation
- Strong proficiency in recent versions (5.6 upwards) of MySQL Databases administration and management focussing on maintaining performance optimisation, integrity, replication, upgrades, backups, migration and security
- Experience with dynamic, high availability and scalable deployments with real-time protocols and applications
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements with extensive query / performance optimisation experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to program in one or more scripting languages, such as Shell and Python
- Strong configuration, monitoring and interpretation skills using Zenoss and MRTG
- A good understanding of Virtualisation technology such as KVM Hypervisor on CentOS
- Some working knowledge and experience / exposure to communications protocols such as SIP and RTP would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer further career opportunities along with an excellent benefits package.