Linux Support Engineer
Up to 45k + benefits
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Linux Engineer to join a rapidly growing SME technology company based near Portsmouth (Cosham) in Hampshire.
In this company you will find a close-knit team of passionate people with a mission to provide every customer with a secure and scalable system, enabling continuous availability of business critical IT applications.
This is a customer facing role (phone, email, chat and remote sessions) where you will communicate with customers to understand the pain of systems outages and to calmly manage technical queries through to resolution.
Enthusiasm, top rate communication skills and sound knowledge of Linux Operating Systems are a must. The team is highly talented and able to offer training and development to people with the right attitude and enthusiasm.
Working Hours - 4 days a week in the office operating between the hours of 8am and 7pm and 1 day a week from home covering 4pm to 10pm. 1 week in 8 you will provide weekend support, reacting to any outages or urgent support requests.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of networking - TCP/UDP, routing, NAT, firewall configuration, etc.
- Solid experience with Linux operating system: filesystem structure, commands, services, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience of load balancing software
- Scripting capability (Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- knowledge of common virtualisation platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
- knowledge of common cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
Salary & Benefits:
- £30,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience
- Training and career progression opportunities
- 28-days holiday (including public holidays)
- Company pension
- Company social events
How to apply; If your CV is up to date please hit apply or send it directly to SamStocks@SpectrumIT.co.uk.
If you don't have a recent CV or wish to discuss the role first, please contact Sam Stocks through Linkedin or our company website. Spectrum IT Recruitment, Southampton.