Linux System Administrator
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Linux System Administrator required by a market leading technology company based in Swindon. Due to continued success and planned expansion the company are looking to hire an ambitious Linux System Administrator to join their existing DevOps team and contribute to the design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and ongoing upgrades of their core SaaS web application.
The successful Linux System Administrator must have previous experience of deploying and maintaining high volume web-based solutions and be keen to work with and learn new DevOps tools and technologies.
Responsibilities will include;
- Improve and maintain our hosted platform to allow the rapid onboarding of new clients to secure SAAS web applications.
- Work alongside the development team to provide guidance on appropriate technologies for new product features.
- Resolve incidents.
- Support, monitoring and software upgrades.
- Maintenance of internal systems such as Jira and authentication services.
- Analyse monitoring data to identify trends and communicate actionable insights to product stakeholders and software development.
- Domain and DNS management.
- Investigation and root cause analysis of issues.
- Linux operating systems i.e. Ubuntu/Debian
- Scripting languages i.e. Bash, Python
- Cloud platforms i.e. AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of networking
- MySQL, MariaDB
- Deploying & maintaining web applications
- DevOps technologies
- Apache configuration
If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature, please contact CharlieFayers@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 298