A Linux Systems Administrator is required for a unique Southampton based research organisation who have been ranked in the top 5 institutions of it's kind in the world! that offers fantastic benefits including 44 days annual leave.
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will support and maintain Linux devices providing specialist second and third line support.
The role of Linux Systems Administrator;
- Provide Core Linux system administration and trouble shooting
- 2nd Line Support and system monitoring
- Ongoing upgrades, system configuration and performance tuning
- Automate tasks with scripting
- Support and manage the virtualized environment (VMware)
- Data Management, i.e. Backup System and SAN
The successful Linux Systems Administrator will have the following skills, experience and attributes;
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and device installation
- Configuration and maintenance experience
- Experience with Linux Scripting (Bash, Perl or Python
It would be beneficial if the Linux Systems Administrator had experience with;
- Virtulisation technologies (VMware)
The role of Linux Systems Administrator is paying a salary of up to up to £32,130 with fantastic benefits including 44 days holiday, Pension, Free Parking and much more.
To apply for this Linux Systems Administrator position please forward your CV to tomstickler@spectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294