Linux Systems Administrator required by a growing company located in Southampton to contribute to the configuration and maintenance of the company's IT server infrastructure.
- Linux systems administration - deployment, package management, system configuration.
- Configure Linux systems to support engineering EDA and software tools
- Installation and maintenance of load balancing software to optimise the use of the available resources
- Installation and maintenance of file servers
- Scripting for automation, using Bash, Python and TCL.
- Network administration e.g. switch configuration, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls, VPNs etc.
- Windows desktop, server administration and related services: WSUS, Active Directory, Group Policy, WDS, etc.
- Experience with Linux OS (Centos 7 upwards, Ubuntu 10 upwards) and Windows 10
- File sharing
- Windows domains
- Data backup
- Experience with server-class hardware.
- Experience of SAN and NAS technologies (ideally FreeNAS & ZFS), and related file servers/protocols e.g. SMB/CIFS, Samba, NFS.
- Server & desktop virtualisation technologies e.g. KVM, Hyper-V, VirtualBox, VMWare.
- Experience of creating and maintaining IT policies
- Back-up of corporate data
- Anti-virus protection of corporate machines
- Proven track record of implementing and maintaining automation scripts
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and concepts including the following:
- Engineering tools software installation
- Competent in specifying necessary machines and equipment (laptops, servers)
- Benchmarking to optimise solution
- An understanding of, or experience with revision control systems, ideally Git.
- Sharepoint configuration and maintenance
- Microsoft 365 administration (including exchange)
- Jenkins facility maintenance
- Exposure and/or experience with configuration management systems e.g. Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Experience of supporting engineering tools and automation
- Experience with load sharing software (eg LSF, slurm, PBS)
- License server management (FlexLM)
- A good awareness of cloud-based platform administration e.g Azure, AWS etc.
Please get in touch for more information.