Linux Systems / Cloud / DevOps Engineer
£50,000 to £55,000
Linux Systems / Cloud / DevOps Engineer required to join a niche telecoms company based in Camberley. You will work within the small support team in a small company (~40 people currently) to aid deployment of their products and systems into the Cloud along with working on a variety of support activities.
Working with highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers you will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business. They look for strong technical candidates within the Linux / Cloud / DevOps domain but can cater for people who have perhaps not worked in a telecoms environment before. It is very rare nowadays to find a company who can offer you the flexibility my client can and who can be flexible on the type of person they bring on board.
They are innovators in their field and are looking to expand due to positive company growth, we have secured new team members in the telecoms support team plus the Software Engineering and Systems teams but they are still growing and want you to be the next recruit! I have never worked with a team of people who are so passionate about what they do, their field and products. They are dynamic and forward thinking and have the ability to think outside of the box!
- Linux Systems Administration / Engineering, DevOps, Release Management and delivery of software to production with high quality.
- Linux/UNIX system administration, both physical and virtual systems.
- Resolve support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution. Be available 'out of hours' if required to complete specific tasks and support customers. This is not a usual and regular occurrence
- Automation of build, deployment, continuous integration, acceptance, integration and security testing
- Python, Perl, Linux, Bash Scripting
- Supporting databases including PostgreSQL
- Deploying and automating infrastructure and applications in cloud environment
- Design and implementation of containers/applications using Docker
- Strong Linux Skills - systems engineering
- Cloud Skills
- Scripting - Perl, Linux, Bash Scripting
- Database Management - PostgreSQL
- IP Networking skills
- You have a BSc (or higher) in a computing or scientific/engineering discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion
- Broad range of AWS technologies
- Ideally you will have an interest in Telecoms
Linux Systems Administrator, Linux Systems Engineer, Linux Specialist, Linux Support, DevOps, Cloud, AWS, Docker, Containerisation, PostgreSQL, Scripting, Powershell, Python, Perl, Linux Scripting, Bash, Camberley,
If you have the relevant skills send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.