Linux Systems Engineer is required to join a highly progressive and industry recognised company from their head office based in central Southampton.
The role of Linux Systems Engineer involves working across the full lifecycle in regard to their growing Linux environment, which is predominately Red Hat based. You will work with both internal teams in regard to escalated issues through to working with their clients in regards to their ecommerce products. Furthermore you will be expected to:
- Setup, configuration & troubleshooting of Linux (LAMP) related technology
- Performs technical problem diagnosis and resolution
- Troubleshoots or crisis-manages customer issues
- Conducts analysis, provide expert consultation on their solution and make recommendations for improvement so that it better meets their business requirements
- Serves as liaison and main point of contact for the Product Engineering and Development group(s), providing information regarding system performance, product issues / fixes, development ideas and recommendations
- Troubleshoots and analyses cause of performance problems
The ideal candidate for the role will have at least 3-5 years in depth experience of Linux systems and if possible be working in a similar role at the moment. You will have a mixture of the following skill set:
- Ability to diagnose and repair service issues in a remote Linux environment;
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, Nginx, Plesk, cPanel
- Solid knowledge of scripting;
- Skilled at the coordinated, managed application of updates, patches and configuration changes;
- Familiarity with VMWare;
- Familiarity with MySQL, Maria
- Strong TCP/IP, DNS, SSH and SMTP knowledge;
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, routers and proxy services; and
- Command line and remote administration skills;
- Solid understanding of best practices for security, performance and data protection for CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu Server OS.
- Understanding of cluster technologies is a plus
- VCP, ITIL, RHCE/RHCSA strongly preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, who have an excellent working environment and would be able to offer further career opportunities.