Go electric, cut emissions, save the planet !
My client is an award-winning global provider of electric vehicle & battery powered technology. The company mission is to drive the adoption and evolution of battery power and cut the use of fossil fuels. The team is awesome, the mission is inspiring and they need an Mechanical Design Engineer to add another layer of expertise and innovation to the team. This is part of a new phase of investment, you can expect to be part of a new products team working on innovation R&D.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Design for manufacture of components and assemblies for battery system projects;
- System sizing and electrical component choice for new battery systems;
- FEA of designed components;
- Documenting design requirements, undertaking design reviews and creating assembly drawings;
- Conducting creepage and clearance analysis for high voltage systems;
- Vehicle integration activities including duty cycle analysis.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Honours Degree or similar;
- A solid command of a 3D CAD modelling software preferably Autodesk Inventor;
- Confident grasp of drawing for manufacture and GDT, preferably to BS8888;
- Experience and confidence in FEA;
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques for sheet metal, extrusions, plastic components and machining;
- Appreciation of different cell formats and chemistries.
- Experience in automotive hybrid/electric power trains;
- Experience with large lithium-ion battery systems;
- Module/battery design experience;
- In depth knowledge of cell welding techniques.