NOC Manager required to join a highly progressive and respected company from their head office based in the Portsmouth area.
The role of the Network Operation Centre Manager is a technical role blending customer support and network operations as well as line management of a team of Network Specialists. The NOC Manager is accountable for operational excellence in service delivery across all network service domains.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure 24x7 availability of Network services globally, across multiple timezones
- Overall accountability for the effective resolution of all incidents and services requests assigned to the team
- Direct line management of the NOC team, providing guidance and support and a point of escalation where required.
- Develop training guidelines, standards and requirements for the Network Specialists.
- Supports the business with projects such as new product launches as required.
- Provides FirstCall Support to our co-location and network customers
- Monitors network health and responds to event alarms
- Analyzes network traffic patterns and responds to security issues
- Oversee provisioning, implementation, and supporting of our customers.
- Work with Cisco, Juniper and Foundry router/switches, Net Screen and Juniper firewalls, and Foundry load balancers
- Ensure the team works closely with the network engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve advanced network issues
- Monitors power and cooling systems for all data centers
- Co-ordinates maintenance with vendors and remote technicians.
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, switching, cabling, internet protocols (BGP, ISIS, and OSFP), firewalls, VPNs, and load balancers
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of Cisco, Juniper or Foundry hardware and software
- Secondary duties include running Ethernet/Fiber cabling for new and existing clients and providing remote hands for customers in our Vancouver data center
- Demonstrates an appetite to perform, succeed and grow in ways people only dream of.
What you can offer
- Experience of working within a NOC environment
- 5+ years hands on network experience desired
- Certifications with Cisco and/or Juniper (CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA) preferred.
- Flexibility to manage shifts under a rotation schedule that includes overnights and weekends
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer future training and career opportunities along with a very strong benefits package