Network Support Engineer
Network Support Engineer required to join a leading software house in Southampton to work with a huge household brand name.
responsible for overseeing and maintaining one of our major well known customers network related incidents, working alongside the customer, other departments within the business and suppliers to ensure the upkeep of all hardware and peripherals for the related systems. They will also be expected to work through existing tickets/ complete adhoc requests on a daily basis relating to the customers estate.
Standard working hours will be 8 hours shifts Monday-Friday, however flexible availability will be expected during evenings and also overnight for support of installations or rollouts (when required)
· Liaising with our MSP to manage and maintain any network related incident/work.
· Completing the vendor score card on a weekly basis to ensure it is sent out to stakeholders on time.
· Working to complete reported incidents within the SLA's set to ensure we deliver on our contractual targets.
· Assisting with stakeholder requests and providing regular updates.
· Handling escalations from both internal & external customers on an Adhoc basis.
· Attending Service calls with customers and suppliers when required.
· Managing preventative maintenance alerts on a daily basis.
· Completing Adhoc requests for our customers head office
· Working alongside the customers compliance team and Service Desk to assist in any patching/project work (when required).
· Working alongside the Service Desk to implement potential network related projects.
· Providing documentation and training when required for a new project/networking change.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· A good understanding of networking: equipment, protocols and concepts (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
· Solid troubleshooting skills
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills
· Must work well with a team.
· Displays efficiency and strong time-management skills
· Basic understanding of EPOS Solutions and Payments systems
If you have the skills and are looknig for a new challenge, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.