Network Support Engineer - Southampton, Hampshire - £50,000 - £65,000
Voice/ Telephony/ Mitel/ Avaya/ Data Centre/ WLAN
I'm currently working with a large, well known client in Southampton is currently recruiting into their Networks team. They are looking for an additional Network support Engineer with specific experience and background in voice network engineering and telephony (ideally within Mitel and/or Avaya). They are looking for candidates with experience in configuring, implementing and supporting network infrastructure with the ability to bring forward and suggest best practice in terms of voice and telephony.
The client themselves are a well known, large employer and have a fantastic reputation. They are well known within the financial sector. Whilst they are a large company, they operate in small teams and so still have a smaller company feel. The teams are focused and expert in their respective fields and it is a fantastic time to get on board whilst the business is only continuing to grow and develop. The role will be based out of their Southampton branch which is right in the heart of the city and easy to access both on public transport and by car.
- Provide configuration, implementation and support of the network infrastructure with a specific focus on voice
- Cover all aspects of network operations including LAN switching and routing, wi-fi, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, traffic management and monitoring and, most specifically, voice and unified communication technologies
- Cover Core technology platforms including Data Centre, Campus and wireless technologies
- Oversee the migration to Microsoft teams
- WORK with the IT operations team providing technical input and expertise
- Provide input for improvement to technology as well as the processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Voice/ telephony infrastructure (preferably Avaya/ Mitel)
- Voice and collaboration endpoints, controllers and protocols (Polycom, Microsoft teams, SIP etc)
- Network support and operations
- Monitoring and management tools
- Incident management
- Third party supplier operations (WAN/ ISP)
- IT Security controls
If you think you'd be suited to this role please contact Rachel at Spectrum or press apply now!