IT Network and Voice Infrastructure Manager
An enterprise organisation are seeking an experienced IT Network and Voice Infrastructure Manager to join their IT Operations team.
The company are in the process of transforming their Network and Voice Infrastructure, so this is an excellent opportunity for a strong IT Network and Voice Infrastructure Manager to join the business and influence this transformation.
This role is a good opportunity to embark on new projects, upgrade current Network and Voice environments with the latest technology and lead a team through this period of change.
This is a varied role and as an IT Network and Voice Infrastructure Manager you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for vendors/partners relating to Network and Voice Infrastructure
- Lead the network technical design resource; project delivery manager & support teams
- Attend change forums on behalf of network teams
- Responsible for planning and Roadmap for Network & Voice, including refresh and enhancements of platforms in line with Enterprise Architectural standards
- Act as an escalation point for MIM / L2-L4 Support, both internal and external
- Define scope of third party contracts
- Take inputs from Capacity Management, ensuring effective planning and execution of capacity upgrades
- Responsible for implementation of Network & Voice Infrastructure, including technical debt remediation and ongoing enhancements
- Manage patching & monitoring strategy and policy for network and voice
- Responsible for operational stability of Infrastructure area, providing input to RCA with Problem Management, and accountable for remedial action
- Accountable for efficiency / optimisation of Infrastructure area and third party contracts
The successful IT Network and Voice Infrastructure Manager will have:
- Experienced working with business and technology stakeholders
- Proven experience in leading Network and Voice Infrastructure functions, working within 24/7 IT operational environment, coordinating taking a lead role with at least 2 reports
- Visibility of Software Development methodologies (Waterfall/Agile)
- Minimum 3 years' experience working as a senior technical expert in MPLS & Ethernet WAN technologies, Voice technologies and Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi
- Experience working with outsource partners and delivering solutions into support
- Proven experience in managing 3rd party WAN providers, delivering continuous service improvements and documentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques, methods and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working with senior staff within Business and IT
- Awareness of Project Management methodologies (Prince 2, PMI, RUP, CMMi)
- Sound Network Infrastructure design experience in a technology organisation with proof of delivering scalable, resilient Network & Voice Infrastructures
- Experience of the regulatory and audit requirements within an operational environment
- Take initiative to keep own skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the IT industry
- ITIL version 3 Foundation (Minimum)
Highly desirable to have:
- Security technologies experience
- Checkpoint, McAfee and Riverbed experience
- A good understanding of CTI, Contact Centre Technologies and End User Voice technologies
The successful IT Network and Voice Infrastructure Manager will have proven experience within an enterprise organisation.
The company benefits include: Salary up to £70,000, up to 20% Bonus, Pension, 25 days holiday, Private medical, Childcare Vouchers and more.
To apply for the IT Network and Voice Infrastructure Manager role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765301