A high profile Basingstoke company is seeking a Network and Infrastructure Manager to join small and growing team.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to take a step up into a Management
As the Network and Infrastructure Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning, designing and maintaining the company's IT infrastructure and network.
- Line Management of the IT Support Team
- This is a hands-on role that will be working directly with the other areas of the IT Department to ensure the department supports the business needs by providing the required IT services.
- Designing and implementing short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain the network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Designing and implementing short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain the infrastructure meets existing and future requirements.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practicing network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Planning, acquiring, and coordinating installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network.
- Conducting research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiating with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assessing, approving, and administering all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Managing and ensuring effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Managing and ensuring optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment,
- Managing and ensuring effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
The successful Network and Infrastructure Manager will have
- Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Firewalls.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Working knowledge of network architecture and security.
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
It will beneficial if you have experience of leading an infrastructure team.
The role of Network and Infrastructure Manager is paying £42,000 plus 10% Bonus and benefits.
To apply please forward your CV to JakeDare@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Jake on 02380 765 805