Operations Support Engineer - Cloud, Azure, C#, MS SQL
Are you an Applications Support Specialist or Cloud Ops Engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity?
We have an exciting opportunity to join a market leading and dynamic software company building innovative solutions within public safety services. This global reaching company work on some awesome projects assisting central government, police forces and central intelligence agencies with technology enabled communications solutions.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become a key player in rapidly growing business area. This is a rare opportunity to work with an innovative product launching in an area new to cloud services.
The primary focus is deploying, maintaining and supporting state of the art cloud deployed solutions for digital evidence management used by customers worldwide. Assisting product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions. Champion support and preventative action on behalf of our customers.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Provide 2nd/3rd line engineering support to the product.
- Provisioning, deploying, monitoring, patching and upgrading primarily enterprise cloud software. Working closely with the development team to ensure successful deployment of software packages.
- Defining and implementing regular maintenance and health monitoring procedures.
- Deploy and provision systems to enable replication of customer issues to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
- Participate in a 24-7 Out of Hours call out rota.
- Knowledge of cloud deployed systems, e.g. Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Windows server and client technology
- Experience administering databases (Microsoft SQL) and basic querying
- Deployment metrics, monitoring, configuration and support background
- Complex technical applications deployment
- Completing feature request work from customers
- Strong Customer Communication
Useful skills to have:
- Background in development (ideally C# or similar)
- Experience of Azure Portal
- Experience of Azure technologies (e.g. Storage, Web-Apps, Service Bus), Network Security Groups.
- Knowledge of Elastic Search and Kibana
The successful candidate is likely to have higher education qualification in science or technology subjects. The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important. Relevant technical customer support experience preferred, particularly within a Public Safety environment. Understanding what represents good customer service and how to deliver it is essential.
If you have the relevant skills please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org