Operations Support Engineer (Postilion, SQL)
£40,000 - £45,000
As an Operations Support Engineer (Postilion, SQL) you will be responsible for the pro-active monitoring of a Payment Processing Managed Service and first line fault resolution to Global clients.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Good working knowledge of SQL, ideally MS SQL Server
- Ideally you will have come from a Postilion background
- Ability to read/understand code (Java preferred)
- Ability to write Java code a distinct advantage
- Technical aptitude and enthusiasm to learn new systems and processes.
- Enjoy trouble shooting.
- Methodical thinker with ability to diagnose problems.
- Ability to work under pressure with a professional attitude.
- Developed customer service skills.
- Happy to work on call to provide 24/7/365 cover.
- Experience supporting Windows based systems.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Work collaboratively with your team members and peers to ensure that we are working together.
- Continually work towards company and departmental objectives, contributing to overall company initiatives and product roadmap
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with both our internal and external customers. You will need to keep them up to date with progress and any issues
In return there is a competitive salary and package, and we will support you on your development journey, helping you to continually learn, progress and develop yourself. We will enable you to make decisions, empowering you to own your team and their work but to make your own mark on them and how you deliver what is required.