Are you a PHP Developer with Technical Project Management skills?
We are looking for a developer with solid software development capabilities, technical nouse, excellent planning and dependency management skills, strong supplier management skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders within the business. As a developer, you will be an experienced developer with a minimum 3+ years demonstrable industry experience. We're particularly interested in developers willing to produce high-quality code, focused on performance, security and stability.
You will have overall accountability for the successful maintenance and continuous improvement of code, the company's flagship product as well as operational responsibilities supporting a small cloud-based corporate IT landscape to appropriate security standards.
- Degree qualified in relevant subject area or relevant equivalent experience
- Strong supplier / delivery partner management
- Experienced stakeholder manager at all levels of the business
- Experienced agile practitioner including demonstrable skills in prioritisation, backlog management, dependency management in software development and DevOps landscape
- Demonstrable and up to date development skills outlined below
- Knowledge of data security and patterns for software as a service such as: ISO 27001, GDPR, information assurance
You should have experience with the following:
- developing SaaS or social software
- version control - e.g. Git or Subversion (SVN)
- excellent PHP5+ & MySQL 5 skills
- experience with CakePHP, Phalcon or similar OO framework (e.g. Zend, Codeigniter, Symfony, etc.)
- willing to provide client support / investigate bugs
- TDD/ BDD, phpunit and Selenium testing
- Be keen to document and make your code reusable
Desirable but non-essential skills and experience:
The following skills are not mandatory, though possession of one or more would be advantageous.
- HTML5 & CSS3 & SaSS, Less
- Angular JS
- experience with Phalcon framework
- experience with defensive programming and security
- experience with CI, Jenkins, Jira...
- database conception, design patterns, query tuning
- developing iOS/ Android apps, ionic
- Linux experience, web server management
- AWS, Openstack or sysOps experience
- Managing long-term projects
To apply contact SamuelGristwood@SpectrumIT.co.uk