Physical Security Specialist
An international company, based in Southampton is seeking a Physical Security Specialist to join their existing IT Infrastructure Department to provide day to day support for their physical security systems.
This is a great opportunity for a Physical Security Specialist to develop their career further and become an integral part of the Infrastructure Department.
This is a varied role and as a Physical Security Specialist you will:
- Ensure all relevant support documentation of supported physical security systems and applications are available and up to date
- Conduct investigations related to loss, theft, vandalism, policy violations, work related incidents, and workplace violence. Partner with Human Resources and/or Legal on investigation results and remediation
- Ensure adherence to Incident and Service Request procedures and that complex and high impact incidents and complaints are managed in accordance with the Incident Management Policy
- Serves as the EMEA electronic access control administrator. Review, vet and approve requests for additional access control
- Supervise contracted security staff and front desk staff to ensure adequate coverage for business requirements and partner with contract guard supervisor for staffing issues. Author and maintain post orders for contracted security staff, including use and features of security systems. Train contracted security staff on the company security policies and procedures
- Implement new tools, processes and service improvements where required, working closely with the Global and EMEA IT & Security teams to ensure consistency
- Performs and maintains audits associated with general security procedures, physical security systems, keys, and compliance. Maintain all records and advise Global Physical Security Team and senior management of deficiencies and corrective actions to mitigate deficiencies. Assist with corrective action and resolutions related to security audit deficiencies
- Adhere to SOX, PCI, and other regulatory requirements as required
- Minimize the potential for; and detecting unauthorized access, theft, loss, vandalism, and workplace violence. Make recommendations to the Global Physical Security Team and management regarding physical security system installations and security concerns
- Manages the acquisition, installation or replacement of equipment designed to increase efficiency of security operations, working closely with the Global Physical Security team
- Maintains processes, procedures, and work instructions related to the following: general security, system use, key management, and compliance and working closely with the Global Physical Security Team
The successful Physical Security Specialist will have experience with:
- Experience of working with external contractors, including a proven track record of holding external contractors accountable for their commitments
- CCTV systems experience
- At least 4 years of experience working with Physical Security systems
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbally
The role of Physical Security Specialist is paying £40,000 - £50,000 with excellent benefits including, up to 26 days holiday, Pension, Dental, Private Medical, free parking and more.
To apply for the Physical Security Specialist please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301