One of Basingstoke's high profile employers are seeking an experienced Platforms Infrastructure Delivery Manager to design and develop a variety of platforms through to the live environment.
This Platforms Infrastructure Delivery Manager role will see you developing and maintaining effective relationships with teams across the IT organisation, encompassing both technical & service activity and managing both direct reports & outsourced service providers.
The role of Platforms Infrastructure Delivery Manager;
- Leadership of the platform technical design resource, platform project delivery manager & L2-L4 support teams
- Accountable for Planning & Roadmap for Platforms
- Accountability for implementation of platform infrastructure
- Definition of scope of third party contracts
- Accountable for operational stability of the infrastructure area
- Accountability of efficiency / optimisation of the infrastructure area and third-party support contracts
- Management of patching & monitoring strategy
- Taking inputs from Capacity Management
- Act as an escalation point for MIM / L2-4 support, both for internal and external parties
The successful Platforms Infrastructure Delivery Manager will have;
- Experience in leading a Platform (servers, storage, cloud) function
- Experience within a 24/7 IT operational environment
- Experience with co-ordinating taking a lead role with at least 2 reports
- Experience working as a senior technical expert in the following fields:
- Windows Server, ESX Virtualisation & Unix (Solaris, RHEL) Server
- Cloud / IaaS technologies (minimum Azure & AWS)
- Knowledge of analytic techniques and methods
- Platform infrastructure design experience
- ITIL version 3 Foundation Qualification
It would be beneficial if the Platforms Infrastructure Delivery Manager had experience with;
- Databases (Oracle, SQL)
- Middleware's (JBoSS, Weblogic)
- Backup's & recovery's
- Security technologies
The role of Platforms Infrastructure Delivery Manager is paying circa £80,000 with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
Benefits include; Annual bonus, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, car allowance and pension schemes.
To apply for this Platforms Infrastructure Delivery Manager position please forward your CV to tomstickler@spectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294