Power BI Specialist
A Power BI Specialist is required to join a thriving business who operate their own bespoke software solution.
The Power BI Specialist will be required to design and build a data warehouse solution enabling the company to make use greater use of data discovery.
This is a great opportunity for a Power BI Specialist / Data professional to join a passionate team and have the opportunity to significantly impact on their business capability.
The responsibilities of the PowerBI Specialist will include:
- Responsibility for the migration of reports, KPI dashboards and MI reporting packs into Power BI, transitioning from Excel, SSRS and other platforms.
- Translation of new business needs into technical specifications and develop new reporting solutions
- Collaboration with data analysts to produce BI Functional Specifications
- Creation of documentation for BI Procedures, Data Dictionaries.
- Conducting data transformations and SQL query troubleshooting
- Identification of data gaps, anomalies and errors
- Performing ad-hoc requests for project stakeholders
The PowerBI Specialist will have the following skills and experience:
- A background in data warehousing (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) processes
- Full stack Microsoft BI experience i.e. SSRS,SSIS,SSAS (Desirable)
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerBI and DAX query language (Desirable)
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks
- Advanced T-SQL skills for data analysis and manipulation, sub-queries, joins, common table expressions etc.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com