Principal Unix Administrator required by a market leading company located in Redhill, Surrey. Our client is looking for an experienced Principal Unix Administrator who has relevant experience working on the Unix and Linux platform.
- System administration of Unix and Linux Systems
- Maintaining an estate of Unix and Linux servers
- Create and maintain effective documentation of Unix & Linux systems, SAN systems, disk layout and configurations.
- Benchmarking applications on Unix and Linux systems
- Ensure effective overall system performance
- Take the lead on assigned Infrastructure projects ensuring they are well planned and delivered on time and on budget.
- Provide 3rd Line Support
- Providing support to relevant departments
- Solaris 10 or 11 Systems Administration
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 / CentOS 7 Systems Administration
Any experience of the following would be beneficial;
- Solaris Zones and LDOMs
- Solaris ZFS
- Sun/Oracle SPARC based hardware
- Red Hat Satellite Server
- Red Hat Logical Volume Manager
- CentOS Spacewalk
- HP Blade hardware
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Veritas NetBackup
- SAN Storage Administration
- Fibre channel networks/zoning (preferably Brocade)
- Centrify/AD Integration for Unix and Linux
- Unix Bourne & Korn Shell Scripting, Perl, AWK
If you are seeking a role of this nature please contact JoshKowalczyk@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765302.