Product Owner / Manager
£30,000 - £35,000
Agile, Web Solutions
Product Owner / Manager to join a market-leading insurance technology company in their Winchester office. With nearly 40 years' worth of experience in their field, they pride themselves in being the preferred technology partner of a number of popular insurance brokers in both UK and Irish markets. With over 400 employees across multiple sites and owning 40% of the market share in what they do, they have established themselves as a true powerhouse in the software market.
It's an exciting time to join the business as they are undergoing a corporate transformation, including a significant acquisition that further strengthens their market position.
They are looking for a Product Owner / Manager to take ownership of the full software product lifecycle and be responsible for the management of the product backlog.
You will have the following skills / experience:-
- A thorough understanding of the principles behind Agile approaches
- Previous experience of working with Web Solutions
- An excellent understanding of the Software Product Lifecycle
- Experience of working on Software Project Teams
- Experience of Gathering customer requirements
- Story Mapping
- Affinity Sizing
- Creating User Stories
- Managing end of Sprint Demos
- Participating in Sprint retrospectives
- Previous experience of working within the Insurance industry
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Supporting a ticketing platform such as Zendesk
- Certified SCRUM Professional
You will take responsibility for:-
- Gathering requirements from customers
- Ensuring quality output from the Scrum team
- The Direction and functionality of the product features
- Negotiating priorities with stakeholders
- Managing a product backlog for a dedicated feature area - website and web API development
This company offers an excellent working environment, allowing their employees to thrive in a supportive but driven atmosphere. Along with a generous salary, you will also enjoy a host of benefits including a company pension, life assurance, free parking, childcare vouchers and Perkbox!
If you would like to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.