An enterprise organisation are seeking an experienced Programme PMO to join their business to help deliver on an exciting transformation programme.
The company are in the process of Software and Infrastructure transformation projects, so this is an excellent opportunity for a strong Programme PMO to join the business and contribute to this transformation.
This role is a good opportunity to embark on new projects, upgrade current environments with the latest technology and lead a team through the Projects.
This is a varied role and as a Programme PMO you will:
- Work with internal workstreams and 3rd Parties to manage dependency delivery progress
- Support, oversee and input into the Governance and Reporting processes to track key activities, plans, budgets, issues and risks across all of the portfolio's projects. Ability to interpret the content and add insights and recommendations for the target audience.
- Using expert knowledge, provide a secretariat function for the relevant Programme boards, capturing actions/decisions and summarising the discussion on agenda items.
- Maintain the Programme delivery plan
- Ensuring that the workstreams have effective processes in place to track milestones, financial forecasts, and RAIDS, and that workstreams report at an appropriate cadence.
- Maintain Programme RAIDS
- Engage in a Quality Assurance Role for all aspects of the Programme, using a quality plan, gates and sign-off at appropriate levels.
- Maintain Programme Financial tracking and reporting
The successful Programme PMO will have:
- Process improvement experience and demonstrated advanced planning and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven experience of operating in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years - Programme PMO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication briefing skills and able to manipulate and manage data into board level dashboards.
- Possess strong collaborative working practices.
- Able to work effectively across a matrixed team of experienced Programme Managers/Workstream Leads/Business Stakeholders/Support teams, providing value add services and eliciting timely information and metrics.
- Understanding of Jira and SharePoint ownership / administration would be desirable but not essential
- Sound knowledge of programme and project management methodologies.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and is recognised as an expert; is able to identify and evaluate multiple options/approaches and select an appropriate course of action after considering the pros/cons of each approach, taking into consideration resource, budget, time and any other constraints or factors in the decision making process.
- PMO Practitioner certified.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Strong self-starter who prioritises and delivers outcomes quickly and effectively in response to changing demands or where there are unclear, uncertain or complex objectives.
- Other related Programme / Project Management related qualifications are beneficial but not essential (e.g., MSP certified, Prince2 Practitioner certified).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Works effectively to build contacts and relationships with individuals outside own area of specialism in order to be able to access support and information when required
- Excellent influencing skills
- Has strong networking skills and naturally builds effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Intuitively identifies and understands the customer's needs and strives to provide a world class service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful Programme PMO will have proven experience within a Programme PMO environment.
The company benefits include: Salary up to £45,000, Pension, 25 days holiday, Private medical, Childcare Vouchers and more.
To apply for the Programme PMO role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765301