Project Engineer - Software Projects (C# / C++ / Sensor technology) - Basingstoke
Our client is looking for a new Project Engineer with experience in Software Delivery to join their UK team to work on exciting projects internationally surrounding Sensor technology. Whilst you will be based out of the Basingstoke office the role will involve international travel to meet with clients and oversee installations and stay with projects start to finish. They are ideally looking for a candidate with previous experience in a client facing Software Delivery role with experience talking about projects including C++ and C# to be the main point of contact on some exciting technical projects.
The client have grown over the last 11 years into an international brand that pride themselves on the quality of the products and projects that they deliver. Whilst this role would be based out of their Basingstoke office they also have branches across the world including in Germany, America and China to name just a few. The projects that they focus on surround sensor technology from Temperature sensors, acoustic sensors and vibration sensors to name just a few. They supply to and work on projects in a variety of sectors so the projects and focuses are always different and varied.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting into a skilled project Manager the Project Engineer will be more of a hands-on engineer managing fascinating customer projects internationally surrounding cutting edge fiber optic sensing technology
- Integrate Monitoring solutions
- Execute field Deployment and perform onsite commissioning where necessary
- Prepare project related documentation including drawings and supporting documentation
- Work and communicate with not only with the clients direct but also with multiple support teams including Manufacturing and Software Development teams
- Become the face of the projects - speak with the clients on any updates and developments, oversee installations on sites (Both UK and internationally), have a proactive and "Problem Solver" mentality adapting to each individual situation
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar Technical Project Engineer role
- Have a background/ Previous exposure to similar Software / C++/ C# projects
- Ideally also have exposure to electronics/ manufacturing projects
- Candidate must be happy to travel - the role will involve travel both across the UK, Europe and further a field as far as Chili
- Have a solid background and understanding in software and software projects including C#, C++, MySQL among others.
- You are an excellent communicator - a cooperative and dependable team player - with excellent written and spoken English skills.
What's In it for you?
- Competitive basic salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 and happy to negotiate for the right experience
- Pension Scheme - They will match contributions up to 5%
- 25 Days Holiday (+ 8 Bank Holiday Days)
- Bonus Scheme - 10% paid twice yearly (20% total bonus)
- Flexible working - Core hours between 10am and 16:00
If this role is of interest and you think that you could be up for the challenge, then please send your CV through to rachelclements@spectrumIT.co.uk