Project Manager - Electronics / Software
My client is a global leading manufacturer of digital systems for the public transport industry. All design and development, and most production, is carried out in East Sussex.
They have a friendly open environment in the Project Management team and are looking for talented professionals to join at an exciting time of growth and technological & organisational change.
- The Project Manager will work at the centre of cross-functional technical teams to effectively plan, monitor and report on a range of projects from inception to closure.
- Manage platform and product development projects.
- Manage customer driven product development projects.
- Manage product maintenance projects.
- Ensure delivery to specification within agreed time scales.
Tasks and Duties
- Defining and documenting project scope and objectives.
- Gathering customer needs and requirements.
- Creating and maintaining project plans, including identification of resource requirements, costings, milestones, dependencies, critical paths & project risks.
- Tracking and monitoring project schedule and budget.
- Managing project risks, issues and changes (with escalation as necessary).
- Facilitating and documenting cross-functional meetings as well as documents and
- Managing stakeholders both internally and externally to coordinate and drive actions to
- Reporting regular project status to internal departments, customer and senior
- Ensuring project gets delivered on time, within budget and to customer satisfaction.
- Conducting a project completion review and recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Following Hanover Displays Project Management and Development processes.
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience in a software and/or electronic products development environment.
- A proven track record of managing complex cross-functional technical projects (ideally involving mechanics, electronics, software and manufacturing).
- Experience leading technical development teams and managing customer relationships.
- Experience with developing Project Charters and Requirements Specifications.
- Good knowledge of MS Project and the MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology an advantage.
- PM certifications an advantage
- Foreign language skills (especially in French, German or Spanish) an advantage.
- Graduate degree preferable but not necessary.
- Technically minded, with excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Driven, yet flexible, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of engineers.
- Extremely well-organised and methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications, including reports, concise summaries and
- Willingness to travel on occasions, both nationally and internationally, as required.