Project Manager - Data Migration - 12 Month FTC
An enterprise organisation are seeking an experienced Project Manager - Data Migration - 12 Month FTC to join their business to help deliver on medium / large projects and programme workstreams in the IT Insurance Function.
The company are in the process of Software and Infrastructure transformation projects, so this is an excellent opportunity for a strong Project Manager - Data Migration - 12 Month FTC to join the business and contribute to this transformation.
This role is a good opportunity to embark on new projects, upgrade current environments with the latest technology and lead a team through the Projects.
This is a varied role and as a Project Manager - Data Migration - 12 Month FTC you will:
- Work with legacy software application and database technical subject matter experts to analyse and assess the quality and readiness of legacy data to be migrated. Additionally, understand how the data is used within the platform and across the enterprise application eco-system to assess and manage the implications for data migration both from a technology and a business operations perspective.
- Ensure that all solutions are fit for their operational purpose and, in particular, that the specific demands and requirements of distributed & mobile environments are fully taken into account
- To manage medium / large projects or programme workstreams in a timely and effective manner ensuring delivery to the required standard
- Control the development and influence deployment of consistent processes (incl. governance) and preferred approach & methods assigned projects. .
- To conduct feasibility studies in order to make recommendations regarding project delivery and implementation opportunities which underpin the overall strategy of the company
- To communicate the progress and status of projects to the project sponsor / key stakeholders and other members of the project team. To manage all levels of personnel both internal and external in order to complete tasks
- To support the Portfolio Managers and Head of Projects as required
- To identify and make recommendations on resources required to ensure that optimises implementation
- To prepare detailed and comprehensive project documentation where appropriate
- To seek opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Project Management function
- Influence change management to ensure best practice is followed and knowledge centre is managed to good effect for re-use and reference.
- Ensure the required level of support is in place following project handover, and all support documentation is complete before projects are closed out.
- To create and maintain a good working relationship with programme managers, project sponsors and other senior managers and assist with the initiation and facilitation of solutions based on business need.
- Identify, assess and monitor risks, issues, dependencies and change requests to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and quality criteria and solutions are cost effective, supportable - including appropriate operational documentation
The successful Project Manager - Data Migration - 12 Month FTC will have:
- Proven ability to lead large scale data migration workstreams
- Good communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
- Demonstrated ability to maximise the identified project/programme benefits in large multi-faceted corporate environments.
- Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
- Experience working within the Insurance Sector
- Good time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within pre-set deadlines and to required standard
- Experience delivering large scale programmes or projects
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
- Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude of new processes, technologies and procedures
- Good understanding of project and change management best practices as well as in depth understanding and experience of different project delivery methodologies - Agile, Waterfall
- A good negotiator, influencer and networker
- Competent in the role of task leader or coach with proven skills in team building
- Commercially astute and creative thinker
- Good understanding in all stages of the system lifecycle and proficient in a number of project management methods and disciplines
- Understands customer expectations and creates value for the customer
- Record of delivering project to budget and timescales
- Supports the development of new ideas and approaches
The successful Project Manager - Data Migration - 12 Month FTC will have proven experience within Insurance Project environments.
The company benefits include: Salary up to £80,000, Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, 25 days holiday, Private medical, Childcare Vouchers and more.
To apply for the Project Manager - Data Migration - 12 Month FTC role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765301