Either a Python Developer or an experienced Software Developer interested in cross training into Python within a data science environment is required for a specialist software company based in Whiteley.
As part of a small Development team you will be developing web applications and be involved with machine learning and AI.
The role of Python Developer;
- Design, test and develop new features from internal and external customers.
- Maintain and improve internal and external software systems for data analysis, website delivery, data transfer and big data analytics framework.
- Code reviews of yours and other developer's code.
- Use JIRA for task management and prioritising workload of jobs as tasked by the R&D Manager and Software Developer Team Leader.
- Suggest system and process improvements.
- Work to agile methodologies and test-driven development methods.
- Configure and maintain scripts for software / system deployment.
- Develop and maintain a Windows and Linux based data transfer unit (DTU).
- Develop and maintain data export formats for third party applications.
- Develop integrations with third party applications (mostly web-based).
- Provide external and internal training of internally developed software systems.
- Produce and maintain technical product documentation.
- Mentor junior developers
- Plan software releases and follow the release procedures.
The successful Python Developer will be an experienced developer, ideally with Python but training would be provided if required.
- GIT (or other version control systems)
- Understanding or experience of database structures, processing and task loading
- Docker / Kubenetes
- Responsive web design
- Linux sys admin
- Angular or React
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking and relaxed environment where everyone's ideas are welcomed and considered allowing people to work with the latest technology.
Based in modern open planned offices in Whitely, they have ample free parking and promote a healthy work life balance with flexible hours.
The role is paying a competitive salary depending on experience with benefits including Pension, Bupa travel insurance, Health care and more.
To apply to this Python Developer role please forward your CV to tomstickler@spectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294.