Ruby on Rails Developer
£23k - £30k
Ruby on Rails Developer required to join a Global Company based in Portsmouth. They have been operating for 12+ years and have developed their own bespoke online software application which is the backbone of how their business model operates. They were the first in the market to do what they do and continue to be the market leader. You will work with a small development team of 5 and have the opportunity to engage directly with the system users across the company so you can truly get inside how the system works. The Technical Delivery Team reports into the Product Manager who has project managed the system from its inception. The development team is expected to continue to grow over the comping years to ensure they keep up with the developmental demands the being made of their system. You will be able to perform small scale system fixes and upgrades, review bug reports and implementing fixes, System Upgrades, Project Work and Integrate with two other development teams within the parent company.
The ideal person looks like this:-
· Ruby on Rails (commercial or academic experience considered)
· UNIX / Linux
· Git or SVN
The server environment is: Ubuntu / Ansible / Apache / Nginx / Postfix (email) / Postgresql
You do not need experience in all of these technologies. My client are very realistic about their expectations and are very happy to be flexible on the type of person they can take on this could be someone with experience in any of the following mixtures:-
· Commercial or Academic experience in ANY of the Following:- Ruby, Java, C or C++
· Basic HTML experience
· SQL Databases
· LINUX or MAC
· Git or SVN
Responsibilities will include:-
· Being immersed in the code base and how the system is used to ensure a full understanding of the entire infrastructure and functionality
· Our system has good test coverage, though not 100%. You (as a team) will use your judgment to decide when you should provide test coverage and when it is ok not to
· Architect and implement (working both paired and solo) new features on the application. Some of these projects could last a few days, others will last several months
· Assisting with server management and software configuration
The working environment has a great atmosphere and people love to work there. Quality of work / life balance is key for this company and the ability to be flexible with working hours and working from home means the people who work there love it and want to be in the office.
You will ideally be in the Portsmouth office 40% of the time but my client are open to discussion on this and willing to be flexible.
If you would like to work in a place people love then send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.