SQL Server DBA, Database Administrator - SQL 2016/2019
£35,000 - £50,000
Our client, a successful marketing specialist is looking to recruit a SQL DBA to join their growing team. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced, highly skilled and proactive SQL DBA to join a leading team within a business based in central Winchester.
- Providing day to day support and administration of SQL and data warehousing environments.
- Maintaining a high level of availability of services and minimising the risk of exposure to system downtime through continual monitoring of key systems.
- Analyse systems proactively to identify problems and trends and propose technical solutions and recommend changes to optimise system performance and usability.
- Producing Business Intelligence reports for senior management.
- Liaise with developers and third parties to ensure standards and architectural principles are applied as appropriate.
- Create database environment support and maintenance documentation.
- Provide training and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Improving system & automating repetitive jobs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- SQL Server 2016/2019
- Experience of TSQL and administering SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Experience creating and managing data warehouses in SQL Server.
- Knowledge of data warehousing techniques (e.g. the Kimball Methodology).
- Proven ability in designing complex queries in SQL Server, with experience using large databases.
- Solid planning/organisational and relationship management skills.
- Experience of data visualisation and creation of dashboards and dynamic charts with data from SQL databases using Excel, SSRS and other BI tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving MSSQL integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of database backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Experience supporting MS Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 operating systems.
- Graduate level qualification.
- Microsoft SQL certification (MCSA, MCSE).
- Knowledge of Data Protection.
- Marketing sector experience.
If you have the relevant experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
SQL DBA, DBA, SQL Server DBA, SQL Server Database Administrator, Database Administrator, Southampton, Hampshire, Portsmouth, Winchester, Basingstoke