SQL Support Technician required to join a growing company from their head office based on the outskirts of Winchester.
The role of a SQL Support Technician will involve working within a small team environment, on a Microsoft platform. The position will involve being the first point of contact for the data team, re-running SQL reports, internal and external data request / queries, ad-hoc report building and updating data in the configuration tables
My client is looking for someone who is keen to learn new skills, able to research problems on their own, whilst also able to collaborate and work well within a small team. The ideal candidate should have good logical problem-solving skills and the confidence to ask questions when required. They would be happy to employ someone with the right mind-set, keen to move into a SQL career over current technical knowledge as they are happy to provide onsite training.
My client is ideally looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Ideally some previous experience of SQL, either using or supporting Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Any understanding of SQL Server or relational databases, ideally with the ability to write stored procedures or views etc.
- A good understanding of IT, with a fair understanding of development methodology. Preferably coming from an IT environment or being a computer science graduate.
- Understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of simple business principles
- Basic SQL coding skills (DML and DQL)
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to work successfully within a team.
- A 'can do' attitude and 'customer first' approach
- Good interpersonal skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer further training and career opportunities to the right candidates along with a strong benefits package.