Second Line Support Technician is required to join a leading managed service provider.
The role will involve working exclusively on one of the customer sites, effectively giving internal IT Support to all of their end users whilst being actively involved in any IT projects. You will take full ownership of any issues that arise, liaise with external partners where required or if need be escalate the issue to 3rd line. You will be expected to be proactive in your approach though whilst documenting issues if needed and keeping end users up to date.
The ideal candidate for this positon will be working within a similar role at the moment and if possible have an industry recognised qualification.
My client is looking for someone to have experience / exposure to:
- Windows Server OS (2003 R2, 2008 R2, 2012 R2).
- Exchange 2007/2016 support.
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS.
- Networking (switches, routers, VLANs, firewalls, VPN).
- VMware / Other Virtualisation technology (XenServer, Hyper-V, VirtualBox).
- Citrix (Presentation server, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Web Interface, Licensing server, Citrix Secure Gateway).
- Print Server.
- File Shares.
- Imaging systems (Norton Ghost, ShadowProtect, Windows Deployment Services).
- Anti-Virus and disk encryption systems (Sophos, Bitlocker, Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Mcafee).
- Backup Technologies (Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, AppAssure, Replay, VMware VDR/VDP, Acronis, Windows/NT Backup).
- Database Server Applications (SQL, MySQL, PROGRESS, Oracle).
You will have very good communication skills, both written and verbal and a strong professional attitude.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer further opportunities for growth, training and a strong benefits package