Security Analyst - Network Security, Cloud, Azure, Cyber
A great opportunity to join one of the UK's longest standing companies and innovaters of Geospatial Technology. The company offers great long term career potential, an extensive range of benefits including flexible working and investment in training and continuous development.
The role of Security Analyst is to join the companies growing Security function within the Engineering group. You will provide operational security services that meet the needs and ambitions of the organisation while ensuring compliance with Corporate Information Security policies.
Your role will include working with our IT department and members of the Information Security Team to identify, select and implement technical controls, tooling, policies and procedures, as well as working with operational and service management teams to assess the severity of security patches, hot-fixes and service packs.
You will be at the front-line of monitoring and responding to security-related events across the organisation, responding to and investigating alerts. Additionally, you will conduct cyber-security risk assessment activities, analysing the results and producing recommendations to address and mitigate risks. And you will support our Security Architect in the development of strategies, plans, policies and standards to enforce security requirements.
You will need to demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IT and network security
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of information risk concepts and principles
- Very good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms, such as Azure, AWS and Oracle, as well as Windows and Linux platforms
- Good knowledge of vulnerability Management tools, Security Incident Event Management processes and Security Operations Centre
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Good familiarity with industry compliance and security standards such as Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, cloud security, 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- A minimum of two years in a security role or five years' experience working in a 2nd or 3rd level technical role.
- Beneficial but not essential - Relevant qualifications i.e. Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or BCS Information Security Management Principles
- A huge remit of employer benefits including large pension. bonus, flexible working, a range of discounts and social activities.
- Salary - Circa £40,000 plus a huge range of benefits & flexi-time
To apply hit Apply Now or send your CV to PaulG race@Spectru mIT. co. uk