Senior Automation Test Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000
Are you a Senior Software Tester / QA Engineer looking for career progression or an opportunity to work in a forward thinking software team? Perhaps the opportunity to learn automation testing?
We are looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join a talented software team developing digital payment solutions for a range of well known retail and consumer services companies.
You will gain a lot of experience and advance your technical skill set within this team, they offer a supportive and collaborative team approach with investment in tools, technology and training to ensure you keep learning and developing your skill set. You will be exposed to automation testing and once established in the team have the opportunity to learn Selenium, Specflow and automation scripting.
Particular Duties will include:
- Support the Product Test Leader with establishing and implementing automated test strategies
- Guide junior test analysts with good practices and procedure
- Extensive experience of multi-tier test automation and test methodologies, tools and frameworks, for Agile/DevOps & waterfall test delivery.
- Supporting team success and motivating others to keep morale and performance high
- Interacting and communicating effectively with a wide audience of technical, non-technical and stakeholders, on all levels
- Perform a wide range of test activities such as functional/non-functional, regression and performance testing as well as UX/UI testing / Regression testing
- Develop test plans and scripts from business/technical requirements and specifications.
- Perform exploratory testing on early-stage code
- Advise the team about overall risks and trends
- Facilitate communication between the technical & business Stakeholder
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
- Three years plus experience in a Senior Software Testing role within in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Extensive experience of multi-tier test automation and test methodologies, tools and frameworks, for Agile/DevOps & waterfall test delivery. Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the role a tester plays in the full systems development life cycle
- Ability to write T-SQL and interrogate a database using Microsoft Client tools.
- Experience using HP QC / JIRA or comparable platforms
- Ability to carry out test planning and procedures
- Experience working on Scrum teams in sprints.
- Understanding of how to construct and document test cases.
- Knowledge of automated test scripts and interpreting results
- Clear and concise documentation skills
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming in C#
- Experience of Test-driven development (TDD) and Behaviour-driven development (BDD)
Salary & Benefits:
Approx. £40,000 + pension, health insurance, training & personal development
Location: Eastleigh, Southampton, Hampshire
How to apply:
If you have an up-to-date CV please hit apply or send it to email@example.com Otherwise find me on LinkedIn