Senior Data Engineer - Azure, Cloud
An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join one of UK's best known companies who have been 'showing us the way' for over 200 years !
This is a company with fantastic working practices offering flexible working, competitive salaries and very generous financial and lifestyle benefits. An environment that encourages innovation and people that inspire creativity.
Working within the talented digital technology team, the role of Senior Data Engineer is to provide leadership and expertise in developing new techniques, tools and pipelines across data engineering.
You will transform and manipulate data into forms suitable for visualisation, analysis and further development and providing insight to inform data-driven decisions.
You could be working with big data and machine learning technologies to automate processes and simplify delivery to ensure innovation and the evolution of geospatial tools and techniques.
Day to day activities will include data manipulation and delivering data pipelines to aid development. Your leadership will guide other engineers to successful delivery outcomes.
Skills & Experience;
- A degree level qualification in a quantitative discipline or significant experience in a relevant field, such as statistical modelling or mathematics
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (or similar)
- Working with FME, ESRI geoprocessing, Databricks and/or Spark
- Relevant programming language(s) and databases
- Geospatial data processing and analysis techniques, is preferred
- Influencing key business and technical stakeholders, with strong presentation and consultancy skills
- Providing technical coaching and mentoring
Skills in the following would be advantageous:
- Hadoop, Elasticsearch, TensorFlow, Keras, or equivalent big data processing and machine learning technologies
A competitive salary and a comprehensive range of benefits including a generous pension, bonus, flexible working hours, 36 days annual leave, onsite gym, shops and well-being services.
- Salary approx. £55,000 - £65,000
- Large & generous pension contribution
- Flexi-time, flexible working
For a confidential discussion regarding this role please contact Paul Grace at Spectrum IT Recruitment. Alternatively hit apply and send us your CV.